Friday, December 11, 2009

Introduction to a Neophyte's Inculcation of Social Business Design

Yimmer... Yammer... Twitter... Tweet... 4Square... Gowalla...

Oh, and how the list goes on and on! While there are over 40 million Twitter users, over 350 million on Facebook, and countless people texting on their phones, my familiarity with social applications was largely limited to IM (instant messaging), texting, updating my LinkedIn page, or updating Facebook once in a blue moon. How times do change!

I recently joined as Chief Financial Officer of an incredible company that is poised to be the breakaway leader in delivering the inherent value of social technologies for large global enterprises - Dachis Group www.dachisgroup.com - also known as Social Business Design.

Several of my friends have asked me what Social Business Design means, even after taking a look at our website. So, while there are lots of folks engaged in using social applications/tools both for themselves and within the business, it is still very limited in folks grasping what changes "social technologies" are really bringing - and quickly.

I am devoting this blog to taking you on my journey of learning, experimenting, and evangelizing about social applications/tools and how businesses approach the future of "Social Business Design". I will drag you along with me into the next evolution of how business gets done.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, April! I think that you're going to have fun out in the social space ... I'll be interested to see how/whether it shapes the way you approach your CFO job. It's definitely changed the way I think about my work.
    And it's nice to know that you've got some good teachers there at Dachis.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete